Honestly, I am writing this more for myself then for anyone else (after all, this *is* my blog). 2021 was a crazy year but I am looking to make 2022 as good as it can be. In the last year I:
- Got married
- Got hired for a dream job (mmo developer)
- Got my first house
I am looking forward to the upcoming year and plan to be more active with this blog. I have a series of topics I know I want to cover in 2022 including:
- Creating and using drop tables for “loot boxes” tutorial
- More content on the economy options
- Rewarded Ads tutorial
- Leaderboards tutorial
- 3rd Party login/auth (Google, Facebook, etc) tutorial
- A complete room/lobby tutorial
- A chat system tutorial
- Various additional topics relating to making multiplayer smooth and fast
- More complete examples for various systems
- Tutorials for both of these softwares, ideally with the entire process of Blender -> Cascadeur -> Unity
- F2P techniques/tactics
- Game Loop design and theory
- Monetization/Gamification in general
- Developing for VR/AR
- BNI development with the Neurosity Crown
- Hololense development (if I can get my hand on one)
Obviously that is a lot of content and that isn’t even everything I want to do! Time will tell if I am able to make this blog what I want it to be, but I appreciate all of the views, comments, and feedback I have received (minus the 500 spam messages from “[email protected]” comments I keep having to delete).
As for actual resolutions (bet I am gonna regret this):
- Keep up with the blog, posting at least twice a month
- Continue to grow as a developer, learning and teaching new skills as I go
- Start a YT channel since people can’t be bothered to read a long form blog half the time
- Get in better physical shape
- Release a second mobile game
Looking forward to a year of growth and progress.
Goodbye 2021. Hello 2022.
*Image for this post taken from Etsy – gotta give credit where it is due.